One great thing about the internet these days is that we can sometimes find some great content for free that makes our lives easier. For budding equity research analysts, Aswath Damodaran has some really great resources. In this post I will discuss some of the resources available on his website that will be extremely useful for beginners (and maybe even intermediate level analysts).
Firstly go to his website. Click on “Tools”. Then click on “Webcasts”. The page will display a list of different topics with downloadable material and webcasts (videos). I will recommend the following ones
- Corporate Governance
- Stockholder composition
- Getting data
- From financial disclosures to value
- Creating a trailing 12-month financial statement
- Measuring accounting returns
- ROIC and ROE: The “only” valuation numbers that matters
- EV, Firm Value and Equity Value
- Multiples and Fundamentals – Analyzing relationships
- Identifying a “typical” project
The page does not offer these in the same sequence as I provided. However, I think that my sequence makes a bit of sense as it starts from the basics and then builds on to the more complex issues.